2013年6月13日 星期四

WAS: Writing Advisory Service_some comments

These days just ended the exam week and starts summer vacation. The summer school for language does not begin yet. Therefore, this week the English language center offer many opportunities for writing advisory service. In the past, I could only register about once two week. This week I can go there for one hour every day. It's really useful to revise my paper and have some basic English  conversation.

Yesterday, I prepare a draft of paper but the tutor seems not so interested in it. However, we started to have a very long conversation. In the beginning, I introduced the history of Taiwan and China. In fact, it's a very familiar topic for me. I have introduced this one for several times. Later, I felt a little boring. I ask her questions about Britain. She said that Britain is in a mud situation. They feel the economics are very bad. Comparing with decades ago, still in their memory, their life is much better and know their future would be better. However, these years people changed a lot. She though that selfishness becomes more serious. Many of the young generation only think about themselves. They don't think about obligation but rights only. Moreover, drug and alcohol are much serious problems for them. Those hurt rational and reasoning. People cannot think rationally. Immigrants are problems, too. Too many people abuse the welfare and then the government cut the budget more and more. Therefore, she thought the discontent is serious and easily to have a riot.










沒有留言: